Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Challenge Day One

Day one of the challenge take two, take one was done as I happily sat in a very, very comfortable chair in my favorite annex. I had just gone out of painting class, surprisingly I was clean (except for my hands but those hardly count anymore). I wrote about the freedom that painting has for me, at the moment in fact I feel as though it is my favorite of the subjects I study. There is something fascinating about being able to create an entire microcosm. In painting one does not have to follow any laws of gravity, physics or safety. One can do or undo in the universe at will. And that is something that I find to be enrapturing. But, the is something quite charming about painting from life. And a special feeling that comes from having your subject matter in front of you. But these where the ideas I was pondering on during take one. Take two deserves its own ideas. So lets have it. I am sitting in a room that smell like freshly cut metal, my hands are covered in charcoal, like my face probably is too. But, when am I not covered in it? It's actually a state I feel more at home in, that of having the material I just did something with on me. Today I had a good day it was filled with painting, friendship, tacos, automatic drawings, ice cream, and metal. And as far as my challenge goes it is going quite well since it is not even near midnight and here I am blogging. So here you have me cyberspace! I'm being a prolific, consistent blogger. It is astounding to see all te technology that has seeped to my life, as it is amazing the way technology has expanded. Almost everyone has one or more technological devices, myself included. I just hope that they do serve to enable human interaction, instead of driving us apart. Well, this was my rant of the day, now I just remembered that a certain someone had promised to write an ode to black paper, fantastic, definitive, and sometimes challenging black paper. But that ode doesn't exist and I am too find of black paper to disgrace it by composing one myself to maybe I'll just annoy a more gifted poet into doing it. Yes Rome, I'm writing to you. And on this slightly annoying note I bed cyberspace adieu.

1 comment:

  1. Love this entry.
    Painting is indeed liberating. And you're so good at it!

    Challenge day #1: good job!

    ReplyDelete